I had the honor to be one of the guest panels along with S, I, V, and M at today’s VSB orientation event. I thought it was so scary since I had to present myself in front of 500 freshmen, but I actually really enjoyed it. I felt authentic and helpful when I was telling the freshmen some of my memories that led to life-changing lessons. After the event, I also received a few emails from the faculty members, welcoming me back to school. Wow, I feel truly honored and proud to be there today!
Evening, I cooked the best salmon teriyaki rice bowl ever. I’m sharing the recipe here. The recipe was inspired by Gordon Ramsay’s video.
Rice: Cook regular rice but put in some drops of sesame oil before starting the rice cooker. The rice will smell fantastic as it comes out.
The teriyaki salmon:
- Clean the salmon, pat dry, spray salt + pepper
- Marinate the salmon with ginger and garlic + a mixture of soy sauce, mirin, maple syrup, and olive oil in the ratio of 4:1:1:1; fridge this for at least 15 minutes. The longer you marinate the salmon, the better it gets.
- When cook the salmon, melt the butter in the pan until the pan gets very hot
- Put the salmon in, skin down
- Get a spoon and pour the oil over the salmon until the skin gets crispy
- Flip the salmon, pour in the rest of the sauce, and cook the salmon for a little bit more until you feel happy about it!